Calvary places in state 3A TAPPS competition
Denton Calvary Academy sent eleven high school students to compete in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools Academic competition in Waco this past week. And we are proud to announce that for the first time, DCA placed, coming in sixth in the state’s 3A division! Awesome job, ladies!
The following students won awards during the competition:
- Sophia Neale, junior — second place in literary criticism
- Zoe Gattis, junior — third place in literary criticism
- Sarah Quintanilla, freshman — third place in advanced math and sixth place in number sense
- Avery Rankin, junior — third place in calculator
- Clara Brisman, junior — sixth place in calculator
- Elianna Schott, sophomore — eighth place in number sense
- Summer Roberson, junior — fashion design
Jacy Gehsen, Olivia Neale, Bethany Crouch and Avery Holcomb also participated in the competition.