Hello and Welcome
Guide for New DCA Families
We are super-excited to welcome the newest members of our Denton Calvary community! The information below will help introduce you to some key information that will hopefully make the first days at DCA easier for all members of your family.
Hours of Operation
- During the school year, front office hours are 8:00-4:00.
- Summer hours are 9:00-3:00, Monday-Thursday. We are closed the week following graduation and a few days during July 4th week, depending on when the holiday falls.
School Day Hours:
- Students may not enter the buildings until 8:00.
- Elementary (K-5th): 8:15-3:30
- Middle School (6th-8th): 8:45-3:45
- High School (9th-12th): 8:45-3:45
- Students can access and print their schedule and home day assignments in Renweb.
- Parking Guidelines and Drop-off/Pick-up Carpool Line Map
Finding Your Way
Navigating Our Campus:
The AARC (1980 E University) houses the:
- Main Lobby
- Lion’s Den (Secondary cafeteria and chapel)
- 300 series classrooms
The Sumrall Center (1910 E University) is home to:
- Main Entrance for Elementary
- Sumrall Chapel (Elementary chapel & cafeteria and Middle School chapel)
- Administration Offices
- Upstairs: S1 Classroom (6th Grade) and Library
Learning Center 1 (LC1) (Behind Sumrall):
- 1st Floor – 100 series classrooms, Teacher Workroom
- 2nd Floor – 200 series classrooms and Computer Lab
Portables (Behind LC1) – Classrooms – P1A and B, P2A and B
There are several platforms the school uses to communicate with Calvary families.
- The website will be an invaluable tool throughout the year. Through the website, you can access the school calendar, news and announcements, and information from organizations such as the Booster Club. We house important documents and policies in “Resource Lockers” that are divided into key areas to make it easier for you to find what you need. Be sure to visit there first when looking for forms, links and information.
- During the school year, we send a weekly newsletter, called Calvary Comments, via email to all of our DCA families. You’ll want to read it for the latest news.
- Let’s mention the Calendar again… Also, be sure to read the Calendar Tips at the bottom of the page.
- We utilize Remind 101 to send reminder texts and updates regarding weather and safety information. Please sign up for the group that is appropriate for your children. For elementary messages, text @calvary to 81010. For secondary messages, text @mrsmase to 81010.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get a glimpse of what’s going on around campus. Connect with the links found in the footer section of the website.
Lunch, Uniforms & Other Stuff
Uniforms and Books:
- Order uniforms through the DCA Online store at Land’s End.
- Fridays are Jeans Days at DCA! On these days students can wear an approved DCA Spirit Wear shirt, sold at the beginning of each school year by the Booster Club, and jeans or their regular Calvary uniform bottoms. (Refer to Parent/Student Handbook for jean guidelines.)
- Books may be purchased online or at the Used Book Sale in June. Amazon, Mardel and Christianbook.com are favorite sources.
DCA does not have a commercial kitchen, however we do offer some options for hot lunch. In addition, we have microwaves available for student use. Secondary students have the option of ordering pizza meals on Wednesday and Chick-fil-a meals on Friday. Pizza and Chick-fil-a meals are available on alternating Thursdays for elementary students. Look for ordering information in the first week of each semester and find forms in the Resources Tab.
Back to School Celebration:
Each August, on the Monday of Orientation week, the DCA Booster Club hosts Family Fun Night. It’s a great way to meet new folks, learn your way around campus and purchase Spirit Wear, and it provides an opportunity for elementary students to drop off supplies and meet the teacher a few days before school starts. We hope to see you there!