Calling all Lions…It’s time to COME HOME!
We hope you’ll make plans to join us for the Homecoming football game and celebration on Friday, September 28th, against Dallas Lutheran. The dance for high school students will be the following night, September 29th.
Homecoming is not only an opportunity to welcome back former students, it’s also a celebration of our school. Therefore, we invite our students (and teachers!) to help us celebrate and show their school spirit by participating in our themed dress-up days on the days leading up to Homecoming. You’ll find the schedule below. Be sure to check your email in-box for Spirit Week dress code guidelines.
- Monday, Sept 24th- Secondary class color day
- Tuesday, Sept 25th– Elementary crazy hat and sock day (wear uniform)
- Wednesday, Sept 26th– Secondary Twin Day- can twin a classmate, teacher or famous person
- Thursday, Sept 27th– Elementary Crazy Green and Gold Day
- Friday, Sept 28th- Secondary Green and Gold Day (Wear your mums!)
Other notes about the week…
- Regarding Mums: There will be a second opportunity to shop at the DCA Mum store on Tuesday, September 18, from 9AM- 12 PM in the AARC. This is a great opportunity to pick out individual trinkets all the way to your complete mum kit. If you are ordering a mum that we will be making, you do not have to come to the store, just turn your form in at the front desk.
- Have you voted for the Faculty Homecoming Court yet? Students can “vote” by heading to the Lion’s Den and putting change/money into the bucket for their choice for HOCO King or Queen. The King and Queen with the most money will be crowned as our reigning HOCO King and Queen 2018. Then be sure to come to the game to see who won!